Hybrid eyelash extensions are the half way step between a classic set of eyelash extensions and a volume set. … They can also be a great way to achieve that staggered look, by using longer classic extensions interspersed with shorter volume lashes. Volume lashes are where two up to 6 light weight, thin lashes are combined and added to one natural lash. The lashes are fanned out to add volume to each natural lash, rather than just adding length. The weight of the volume lashes is usually less than a classic single extension.
We feel that it is important to keep you informed about this commonly misunderstood condition that affects approximately 14 million North Americans every year.
Understanding rosacea is a continuous process. Only within the last several years has rosacea been classified into four subtypes, and research brings us more information all the time. Only a physician can make a diagnosis, but it is important for the skin care clinician to be able to recognize these various presentations in order to educate the patient and make an appropriate recommendation to a physician.
Rosacea cannot be cured, only controlled, so it is important for the rosacea patient to understand what triggers this condition. Heat, spicy foods, hot showers or hot tubs, certain types of cosmetics or extremes in temperature are some of the triggers that should be avoided.
- Subtype 1 – erythematotelangiectatic rosacea is characterized by persistent redness within the central portion of the face, with possible telangiectasias (visible capillaries). The patient will become red or flushed easier and stay red longer.
- Subtype 2 – papulopustular rosacea is characterized by persistent redness in the same area as Subtype 1, with lesions that resemble papules and pustules. This subtype is commonly referred to as “acne rosacea” because of its presentation, but absolutely cannot be treated in the same manner. Only a physician can make a proper diagnosis, but it is important for the clinician to be able to differentiate between this subtype and acne in order to treat it properly. Acne will typically present on all areas of the face and is commonly accompanied by comedones or cysts. In the case of Subtype 2 rosacea, the breakouts will present within the inflamed areas. Also, the papules and pustules present with Subtype 2 rosacea tend to be dry and scaly; extractions will not produce anything and should be avoided altogether.
- Subtype 3 – phymatous rosacea is characterized by a thickening of the skin, most commonly seen on the nose (rhinophyma), but can affect other areas of the face, such as the glabella and chin. This type of rosacea presents mostly in men and may be treated surgically.
- Subtype 4 – ocular rosacea affects the eye area, and includes symptoms such as eye irritation, conjunctivitis (pink eye), blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelids), frequent styes, itching, burning and stinging of the eyes. This type of rosacea is often misdiagnosed and, if left untreated, can lead to blindness. For this reason, it is very important to educate all rosacea patients about this type of rosacea so that they can keep their physician informed should they begin to experience these types of symptoms.
While rosacea can worsen if left untreated, it does not necessarily progress from one subtype to the next. Many patients can have Subtypes 2 and 3, or Subtypes 1 and 4. What’s more is that many people have rosacea and don’t even know it. For more information, go to www.rosacea.org.
Want help or need questions answered?
Book a MediSpa Consultation at 204 415 3159
We have a special package just for Rosacea.
Reduce Rosacea Package $350
Aids with normalizing and soothing roacea & other vascular conditions
- Rejuvenation Microcurrent Facial 60min
- Vascular Correction Peel 60min
- Sensitive Intensive Facial 60min
Regular: $685 You Save: $335
Cost per treatment $87.50 Reg. $175
Do Stem Cells Work In Skin Care ?
A Breakthrough in Anti-aging.
Through 30 years of scientific and clinical development, our unparalleled medical advisory board has created a unique derivative of stem cells that can be absorbed directly into the skin. Now, called Stemulation, it has become the most powerful regenerative mechanism for anti-aging on the market.
The Science Behind It.
Our revolutionary technology is based on advanced stem cell research and the effects of topical application of cell derivatives combined a clinically proven highly concentrated antioxidant.
This antioxidant is a highly effective natural and organic ingredient that has been proven through clinical trials to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by 46% and improve the tightening and firmness of skin tissue by 65%.
Stem Cells and Aging.
Stem cells in general have a legendary power for rejuvenation by triggering the production of new healthy cells in the human body. Stem cells are our “natural” defense against deterioration of the body. When we reach the age of 50 we have roughly 2% of the stem cells our bodies were born with. Since stem cells repair all forms of deterioration, the lack of available stem cells contributes to the aging of our skin.
Is the Technology Safe?
Yes. The 100% natural and organic stem cell extract (Stemulation™) is pure and safe. The active stem cell ingredients in Stemulation are non-pathogenic, ecologically friendly and free of all chemical additives. There is no injection and there are no known side effects.
For more information about Stem Cell Technology book a free consultation and 204 415 3159.